Find more information on how to enroll your child, classroom ratios, wait list procedures, childcare rates, and more. Our expert team is here to assist you.
IMPORTANT TUITION INFORMATION
Partners In Learning is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors committed to providing excellence in early care and education. Partners In Learning is the only 5 star, Nationally Accredited program in Rowan County serving children 6 weeks through 5 years. In order to achieve these honors we must have highly educated staff, meet very stringent program standards verified by outside observers, and have lower staff child ratios. Tuition only covers a portion of the cost of care. Cost of care continues to rise and we have not had a rate increase since 2012. Additional funds are needed in order to improve the wages and cost of living for our early childhood educators. It is because of these reasons that there will be a rate increase effective July 1, 2016.
|Age Groups||State Ratio Requiremnt||Ratio PIL Ratio||Group Size|
|Infants||5 children to 1 adult||4 children to 1 adult||8 Children|
|Toddlers||5 children to 1 adult||4 children to 1 adult||10 Children|
|2 Year Olds||10 children to 1 adult||7 children to 1 adult||13 Children|
|3 Year Olds||15 children to 1 adult||7 children to 1 adult||15 Children|
|4 Year Olds||20 children to 1 adult||8 children to 1 adult||15 Children18 NCPrek|
|Afterschool||25 children to 1 adult||14 children to 1 adult||20 Children|
In addition to our low ratio’s our program has an on-site early intervention program, and school age support staff.
|Current Weekly Rate||New Weekly Rate|
|Preschool Program 3-5 years||$141.00||$146.00|
|Two Year Old Classroom||$166.00||$171.00|
All children that receive subsidy through the Department of Social Services will be charged an additional $10.00 per month in addition to the parent fee.
Weekly $5.00 discounts will NO LONGER be given. Tuition payments will continue to be due on Monday by 6:00 for the current week. A late fee of $15.00 will be billed if not paid on time.
Research shows that child care programs of higher quality tend to devote a higher percentage of their budget to supporting staff wages. Personnel costs make up the bulk of our expenses – and with good reason; the commodity that you are ultimately paying for is the skill, experience and qualification of the Early Childhood Professional who is actively involved in your young child’s care and education.
How to Enroll
We open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. Children must arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Other Program Rates
Being on a long waiting list can be frustrating. We compiled these answers to questions parents frequently ask with the hope that this information will be helpful to you. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please call Partners In Learning and ask to speak to Cindy Webb at 704-638-9020.
- How long is the waiting list? The waiting list is quite lengthy. Generally speaking, there are over 100 children on the waiting list at any given time throughout the year. For every enrolled child, nearly two are waiting to get in.
- Can I stop in anytime and have a look around? Partners In Learning has an open door policy and potential families are always welcome to drop in to receive additional information about our programs. However, we encourage you to call and schedule a tour of our facility. Tours are conducted on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 9:30 a.m.
- If my child is still on the waiting list when he or she reaches toddler age (or preschool age) do I go to the bottom of the waiting list for that age group? Your child’s name will be added to the toddler (or preschool) waiting list by your original date of application. His or her name will be higher on the list than those who applied after you did and lower on the list than those who applied before you did.
- How is it possible someone who applied after I did was offered a space before me? The only priorities we offer are for children of Center staff, for previously enrolled children returning from an authorized paid leave of absence, for siblings of enrolled children, children with special needs, Catawba College employees, Food Lion employees, Children in foster care, and subsidized children. Aside from these priorities, it is possible for someone who applied after you did to be offered a spot before you if any of the following situations apply: Your preferred start date is more than 30 days in the future. The opening is in a different age group (i.e. your child is toddler aged [16-35 months old] and the opening occurs in Infants or your child is preschool aged [over 35 months old] and the opening is in Toddlers). Fewer openings occur in Preschool because of the need for children already in the program to move up. You did not return our calls within one week. Your telephone numbers had been disconnected. Incomplete applications
- When will I hear from you about where I am on the list? It’s just not feasible for us to contact each of the waiting families to tell them where they are on the continually changing list. Movement on the waiting list is not only a result of enrollment offers accepted or declined. Waiting children grow older and move to the next age group list. Dormant applications become active as their preferred start date nears. Only our waiting list coordinator, Cindy Webb is able to provide specific waiting list information. You may call her at 704-638-9020 or preferably, contact her by e-mail: email@example.com. She will be able to provide you more accurate information after the update is complete (about 3 weeks after the due date).
- Can you recommend any other center or child care provider? We don’t make recommendations of specific centers other than to tell you to look for one that is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs. NAEYC’s Web site at http://www.naeyc.org can provide you with a list of accredited centers. Also, look for a 5 Star Rated Licensed facility by going to the North Carolina Division of Child Development website.
- Tours- Tours are conducted from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Please call for an appointment.