We have classrooms at two different locations, Novant and Catawba. Below is a list of classrooms at each location and sample exemplar lesson plans so you can see the kind of lessons we teach.
We open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. Children must arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Join us for a virtual tour around our Catawba and Novant campuses narrated by none other than our Executive Director Norma Honeycutt! Listen along as Norma describes each room and the services we offer. You may be surprised as to what we all provide to the families and children we serve. Click the button below to start the tour!
Example Lesson Plans
- Toddler Classroom
- NC PreK
Catawba Teacher of the Month
Lead Afterschool Teacher
I’m choosing summer! I’m choosing her because she is such a hard working person! She has done such an amazing job in any classroom she steps foot into. She is always so eager to help wherever she can! -Destiny
- How long have you been with PIL? A year
- What is your background/training/education? I have a B.A. in Politics with a minor in Poverty Studies. I did work in politics for a couple of years but eventually found myself working as a program guide for outdoor education. I liked teaching so much I decided to move to Taiwan and teach English. When I moved back to the USA, I started at PIL. I’m now in a teaching certificate program at UNC Charlotte. My goal is to teach middle school social studies.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? My favorite meal is yogurt with granola. My favorite snack is goldfish.
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? My favorite memories at PIL are from summer camp. I loved seeing a child choose to go into the big pool all on his own and launching bottle rockets with the summer campers.
- What made you want to work at PIL? I wanted to work at PIL because I liked how inclusive and family oriented it is.
Novant Teacher of the Month
“Nicki definitely deserves to be Teacher of the Month even though she isn’t
technically a teacher. She works just as hard as teachers do. Without her, we
wouldn’t eat all of the delicious, healthy meals that we do.”
– Brittani Manning
- How long have you been with PIL? 2 years 2 months
- What is your background/training/education? Medical Assisting degree and 5 years of food service experience.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? Pumpkin Fluff
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? I love seeing the kids enjoy the food that I fix, it always makes my heart happy.
- What made you want to work at PIL? It was the combination of serving food and being around kids, both are things that I love to do.