We have classrooms at two different locations, Novant and Catawba. Below is a list of classrooms at each location and sample exemplar lesson plans so you can see the kind of lessons we teach.
We open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. Children must arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Join us for a virtual tour around our Catawba and Novant campuses narrated by none other than our Executive Director Norma Honeycutt! Listen along as Norma describes each room and the services we offer. You may be surprised as to what we all provide to the families and children we serve. Click the button below to start the tour!
Example Lesson Plans
- Toddler Classroom
- NC PreK
Catawba Teacher of the Month
“I’m choosing Haley because she is hard working, open minded, and cares so much for the children.” -Summer
- How long have you been with PIL? I have been with PIL for one year and nine months
- What is your background/training/education? I came to partners with experience in working with children with moderate/severe disabilities in the educational setting. Education: I will graduate in spring of 2023 with dual majors and dual licensure in Special Ed and Elementary Ed along with a minor in psychology.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? My favorite snacks at PIL are blackberries and string cheese :).
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? My favorite memory at PIL was helping one of our autistic kiddos through his fear of the water during a pool day at summer camp!
- What made you want to work at PIL? Professionally, I wanted to work at PIL for more experience in the field I want to go into. But personally, I wanted to work at PIL as I have always been drawn to and clicked with special populations as an autistic person myself!
Novant Teacher of the Month
“Nicki definitely deserves to be Teacher of the Month even though she isn’t
technically a teacher. She works just as hard as teachers do. Without her, we
wouldn’t eat all of the delicious, healthy meals that we do.”
– Brittani Manning
- How long have you been with PIL? 4 years in September
- What is your background/training/education? I am working towards my associates degree and I am over half way through.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? My favorite is the tuna fish that Mrs. Nikki makes.
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? When we got NAEYC accredited and got to spend the day doing some shopping downtown. That was a huge success for us!
- What made you want to work at PIL? I like that the company is family oriented. I also like that we are treated as teachers and childhood educators rather than babysitters.