We have classrooms at two different locations, Novant and Catawba. Below is a list of classrooms at each location and sample exemplar lesson plans so you can see the kind of lessons we teach.
We open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. Children must arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Join us for a virtual tour around our Catawba and Novant campuses narrated by none other than our Executive Director Norma Honeycutt! Listen along as Norma describes each room and the services we offer. You may be surprised as to what we all provide to the families and children we serve. Click the button below to start the tour!
Example Lesson Plans
- Toddler Classroom
- NC PreK
Catawba Teacher of the Month
“I choose Gabi Cross to be the April Teacher of the Month. Gabi has shown so much potential in her time here at PIL. I have always enjoyed working with Gabi, as she brings so much laughter and light to a room. I am so very proud of her success on becoming the assistant in the Mighty Ducks. She takes on any responsibility with a willing hand to help and to do right by the children and fellow staff members. Thank you Gabi, for being you, and being so wonderful! Never stop shining!” ~ Brooklinn
- What is your background/training/education? I have a bachelors degree in Family Consumer Science with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL? A favorite memory though would have to be our Self-Care Staff Development Day, where we got catered to the whole day. I will never forget the nice words that were wrote about me and the fellowship we shared.
- What made you want to work at PIL? I heard lots of good things about PIL before applying, and after doing some more research, I found out that PIL specializes in behavioral development and special education. I have always been interested in working with children, especially those who need support in these areas.
Novant Teacher of the Month
“I chose Laura Reynolds. Whenever I work with her, she makes the work environment a friendly and positive space, and does a great job remaining calm and keeping the children engaged even it’s a little hectic.” – Rosemary Rasbach
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? Nicki’s ham mac-n-cheese
- What’s been your favorite memory at PIL? My favorite memory of PIL is them helping my son Mason come so far. He first crawled and first walked here at PIL because of the therapies and support he had here. He was born a tiny 1 lb 11 oz baby and is now a thriving almost-four-year-old, and that is largely due to PIL’s classrooms and CBRS services.
- What made you want to work at PIL? I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to work here where my son goes to school. The schedule and hours work wonderfully for my family. PIL is my home away from home.