We have classrooms at two different locations, Novant and Catawba. Below is a list of classrooms at each location and sample exemplar lesson plans so you can see the kind of lessons we teach.
We open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. Children must arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Join us for a virtual tour around our Catawba and Novant campuses narrated by none other than our Executive Director Norma Honeycutt! Listen along as Norma describes each room and the services we offer. You may be surprised as to what we all provide to the families and children we serve. Click the button below to start the tour!
Example Lesson Plans
- Toddler Classroom
- NC PreK
Catawba Teacher of the Month
Polar Bears Lead Teacher
- How long have you been with PIL? I have been at PIL for 4 & 1/2 years
- What is your background/training/education? I graduated from Rowan Cabarrus Community College with my Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education. I am currently enrolled at Western Carolina University for my Bachelors degree in Early Childhood education.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? My favorite meal is the beef and Spanish rice
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? My favorite memory is meeting all of my wonderful coworkers that I have had the opportunity to work with.
- What made you want to work at PIL? I always wanted to be a teacher and Partners has given me the opportunity to fulfill my dream.
Novant Teacher of the Month
Bears Flex Teacher
- How long have you been with PIL? 3 Months
- What is your background/training/education? I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. I spend my 20s working with as a clinical supervisor for older teens and adults with special needs. My dream is to get my Master’s Degree and become a school counselor.
- Do you have a favorite meal/snack from the PIL cafeteria? I like the cheesy chicken and spanish rice meal.
- What has been your favorite memory at PIL so far? I’m really enjoying building relationships with the children and families. Building a sense of community here and connecting with the children have been my favorite parts.
- What made you want to work at PIL? My children, who already attended PIL. I also really appreciated what PIL stands for. I’m really interested in the services and training that the teachers have and the connection to so many resources.